- By signing up for the KEVIN.MURPHY TOURNAMENT, the contestant must agree to and approve the terms & conditions as set out below.
- These Terms & Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
- All details and news about the KEVIN.MURPHY TOURNAMENT will be kept, updated and maintained on the www.kmtournament.com website.
- Any changes to these Terms & Conditions will be uploaded to the www.kmtournament.com website before being applicable. Changes will apply from the date that they are published on this page.
Sign-ups, Submissions and Timeline
- The Tournament will be repeated every year during an 8-week period between October and December. For 2021 the exact dates are 25 October to 19 December.
- The KEVIN.MURPHY TOURNAMENT is a global sales competition that is open to all salons in the KEVIN.MURPHY Authorized Salon Network. A Salon in the KEVIN.MURPHY Authorized Salon Network, is a salon that has been authorized by a distributor in the KEVIN.MURPHY Selected Distributor Network at the time of sign-up (10 September 2021 – 19 December 2021)
- Sign-ups can only be made via the Sign-up form on the www.kmtournament.com website. Sign-ups can be done from 10 September 2021 (your local time) until 19 December 2021. Submissions made via email, post or other channels than the submission form on the 2the www.kmtournament.com website, will not be accepted. Sign-ups can only be made by the salon; individual stylists must be registered within a salon; a salon can only sign-up for the tournament once per year.
- The Tournament 2021 is happening from 25 October 2021 to 19 December 2021; a total of 8 weeks.
- The following information must be entered during Sign-up:
A. Name of Salon
B. Salon Address
C. Contact Information (name, email-address, phone-number)
D. Stylists Details:
ii. E-mail addresses
- Following the Sign-Up, an email will be sent to the Salon e-mail address with confirmation for signing up including a direct link to login to the www.kmtournament.com website.
In addition, each stylist will also receive an e-mail with a possibility to opt-in to a mailing list with direct news about the KEVIN.MURPHY TOURNAMENT.
- It is the responsibility of the salon to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the KEVIN.MURPHY TOURNAMENT for possible future contact and/or acceptance of prize(s) (see below for more info on the different prizes). KEVIN.MURPHY cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- By entering the Tournament, each salon grants KEVIN.MURPHY Global a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of their entry, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each Salon agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
- KEVIN.MURPHY Global reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Tournament. Those who try to circumvent the sign-up process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
Weekly Submissions & Leader Board Updates
- Once per week, the www.kmtournament.com website will be open for submission of products sold by individual stylists. Following the submissions, KEVIN.MURPHY will update the Global Leader Board on the www.kmtournament.com website. * Example for Week 1:
A. 25-31 October (Monday to Sunday)
i. Period for tracking sales by stylist
B. Until 2 November (following Tuesday)
i. Deadline for submission of weekly sales by stylist
C. Latest 5 November (following Thursday)
i. KEVIN.MURPHY will update the Global Leader Board on the www.kmtournament.com website
*Following the submissions for week 8, the Leader Board will not be updated.
- The weekly submissions must be made for the individual stylist, but overall, contestants are competing in 3 categories:
A. Best Individual Stylist
B. Best Salon Average (Salon Total divided by number of stylists in the salon)
C. Best Salon Total
- The weekly submissions must be made in units.
A. One Retail Size Product sold equals 1 full-size unit to be registered in the weekly submission. 1 full-size unit equals 1 point on the overall leaderboard.
B. Retail Size Products (including but not limited to):
i. 250ml Washes & rinses
ii. 150ml, 200ml treatment & styling products
iii. 14g styling products
iv. 250ml & 400ml aerosols
v. 1000ml washes, rinses & styling products
C. One Mini Size Product sold equals 1 mini-size to be registered in the weekly submission. 1 mini-size unit equals 0.5 point on the overall leaderboard.
D. Mini Size Products (including but not limited to):
i. 40ml bottles
ii. 30g tubs
iii. 100ml aerosols
E. In case of a tie for the first-place position in either of the 3 categories at any time during the tournament, the number of full-size units will weigh higher than mini-size units.
F. Products sold as a part of a deal, in a pre-packed box or otherwise discounted, may count as any other products sold.
- The final results and winners will be announced on 28 January 2021.
- KEVIN.MURPHY reserves the right to revise, change or extend all dates and deadlines. All changes will be announced on the www.kmtournament.com website. The KEVIN.MURPHY TOURNAMENT will be repeated every year.
- KEVIN.MURPHY reserves the rights to share the sign-up details and weekly submission details with the local distributor that has the distribution rights to the market where the salon is located, in order to investigate, validate and audit the details.
- By signing up for the KEVIN.MURPHY TOURNAMENT, the Salon accepts that weekly submission details can be displayed on the Global Leader Board that is public to all signed up salons and stylists from around the world.
- Any Sign-ups or Submissions details that KEVIN.MURPHY consider (in our absolute discretion) to be false, purposely incorrect or fraudulent will be immediately disqualified and removed from the www.kmtournament.com website, and the salon behind will lose their login and any prize entitlements will be void.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected, or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatsoever reason.
Weekly Participation Prizes
- Every week, KEVIN.MURPHY Global will randomly select a stylist among the weekly submissions. The weekly Participation prizes can vary in size and value and will be announced ahead of every week.
Weekly Performance Prizes
- Every week (during weeks 1 to 7), KEVIN.MURPHY Global will reward the best performing salons in the 2 salon categories. The weekly performance prizes can vary in size and value and will be announced ahead of every week.
- KEVIN.MURPHY Global reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside our control make this necessary.
- After week 8, KEVIN.MURPHY Global will review the final and overall submissions to find the best performing stylists and salons in the 3 categories. The winners will receive a cash prize. The total Prize Pool is $USD 30,000 that will be distributed between the best performing stylists and salons in the 3 categories, at the sole discretion of KEVIN.MURPHY Global.
- Any tax or other charges payable as a result of a cash prize awarded will be the responsibility of the individual winner of the KEVIN.MURPHY TOURNAMENT (the recipients of a cash prize). The winners of the KEVIN.MURPHY TOURNAMENT (the recipients of a cash prize) must seek independent financial advice prior to accepting the cash prize if this is a concern.
- All winners will be notified by email via the account provided and will have 90 days to claim their prize. If a winner does not claim their prize within this timeframe KEVIN.MURPHY reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement.
- After the Tournament, KEVIN.MURPHY will reach out to the best performing salons and stylists in each of the 3 categories, to do interviews about the results and accomplishments during the Tournament.
- If for any reason, the Tournament is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Tournament), KEVIN.MURPHY Global reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Tournament.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which are beyond the reasonable control of KEVIN.MURPHY Global and which prevents KEVIN.MURPHY Global from complying with these terms and conditions KEVIN.MURPHY Global will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- KEVIN.MURPHY Global accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes. KEVIN.MURPHY Global will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of KEVIN.MURPHY Global.
- The decisions of KEVIN.MURPHY Global are final and binding in all matters relating to the Tournament and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Data Protection: Any personal information that salons share with KEVIN.MURPHY Global will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the salon or stylist has opted in to future marketing from KEVIN.MURPHY. By entering the Tournament, salons agree that their information may be used by KEVIN.MURPHY Global to administer the Tournament and winners consent to give their name and country for the winners’ list.